If you haven't heard of this brand and you're a runner or love to exercise, these beauties are a game changer. They are the best underpants to wear while exercising ever and I have worn them since my friend Elly introduced them to me a year or so ago. I will be honest, I did giggle slightly when she sent me the link (no offence Jamie) but when she told me how comfy they were for running, I invested in a couple of pairs and have never looked back. They are amazingly comfortable and gone are the day of having to go running commando, for those of you who do!! I met Jamie Smalley at the expo when I was signing in for the London Marathon a few months ago and he has answered some questions for DHB. He has also provided a 20% off voucher code for the month of July, if you would like to purchase his pants. They are excellent. The voucher code: DHB20
1) Jamie, what inspired you to create Runderwear?
As a competitive runner I could not find any great underwear to wear under my running shorts or running leggings. As a result it started my journey to making my own to solve that problem.
2) How do you keep fit and healthy?
I eat pretty well and manage consumption based on how active my day has been. I run 3-4 times a week and do some strength work once a week.
3) What's your idea of a healthy diet?
Porridge for breakfast, good sized lunch with a snack mid-morning and a superfood smoothie in the afternoon. Dinner is generally light each evening.
4) Who inspires you in the world of wellness?
5) How do you stay well informed? Do you have a favourite go to wellbeing website or books?
6) Do you cook and if so, what's your favourite healthy recipe?
Yes. A bowl of Spring Greens, French Beans, Broccoli drizzled with greek olive oil and organic turmeric powder and organic herbs.
7) Where in the world do you go to relax and enjoy a holiday?
8) Which country serves your favourite food?
9) What's the craziest thing you've done in the name of health and fitness?
Obsessing over the superfood smoothies I make each day. My office has a corner that looks a little like a food factory with all my powders annoying my business partner.
10) I know that you recently ran the London marathon wearing only your pants... what's the biggest fitness challenge you've embarked upon?
Ironman. When I was 25 I signed up having not rode a bike or having swam since getting my 400m badge at the age of 7. Luckily I found I could ride a bike. Swimming however was just about hard work, at 5 foot 5 I’m not naturally built for it! 9 months of work and I got round and bagged the medal.
11) What advice would you give your 16 year old self?
Do not forget the harder you work the luckier you get.
12) Describe Runderwear in a nutshell and tell us why we should all be wearing your pants in future?
Breathable, seamless and very comfortable. They protect the skin which means that you can concentrate on the miles ahead, not on that annoying and uncomfortable feeling of chafing.
Thank you Jamie
For more information: